Wednesday, July 25, 2007

FlyLady Week 3 Update


Can't really believe I'm still keeping up with this FlyLady stuff! I've been going with this for 3 weeks now which is a bit of a record for me. ;)
This week's focus has been the master bedroom which we are working on transforming from a huge heap of clothes to a "vacation retreat." Ooh, sounds so fancy! Our bedroom actually wasn't all that bad to begin with so it has been a pretty light week for me so far... that will be made up for if I ever have to do the guest bedroom! hee hee... that is far from a vacation retreat!
Here are some of the things I've been up to to make my room more "bed and breakfast-y":
Threw out a bunch of crap! I honestly don't know why I don't go into feng shui mode more often - it's really liberating! I tossed a couple purses and several pairs of shoes (hubby was quick to point out that I still have 44 pairs...); tossed a bunch of junk from the night-stand and head board; tossed some old make-up and stuff from the master bathroom. I've thoroughly dusted the room and have just been working on straightening things up. I've also been trying to toss some stuff from the guest bedroom and found a gazillion old photo frames! Some of the nicer ones were kept and I stuck some nice photos in those to go in the master bedroom. I have some candle things to put on the wall above the bed; just have to check with hubby first!
I really need to get in there and clean under the bed.. not sure what's lurking under there!

Oh, Wednesdays are Anti-Procrastination Days... lol, how appropriate for me! You're supposed to pick something that you have been procrastinating about and just do the dang thing. Today I had quite the list... here goes:
*Find a dentist (done - well, I found one right down the street who accepts my insurance! I just have to actually call them now!)

*Print passport application - done. I even filled it in! Woohoo! Quite the overachiever, aren't I? The funny part of this was when I came to look for my old passport which has to be returned with the application and I couldn't find it! Oh my God... panic mode set in! I seriously thought I'd just completely lost it but then found it - after taking half my house (and my car!) apart, I discovered it had been hiding on my desk the entire time... pesky passport!

*Start work on the final paper for my class... not actually due until August 4 and it's only 2 pages (nice!) so it's not really procrastinating... just wanted to motivate myself to actually start it! Oh, this was done - I actually got a huge chunk of the paper written so I should have no problems finishing it up tomorrow (I have 3 or 4 short paragraphs to write then I have to type it/edit it).

*Get back into some cardio workouts. OK, so I get more exercise in a week than a lot of people get in a year (right now I'd say I'm doing some kind of tai chi or kung fu 10-11 hours per week). That's great, but it's mostly all strength training; very little cardio. So... I have decided to take up running! I'll post more about this in a separate post but I actually checked out the Couch To 5K (C25K) program on the Cool Running website and printed out the schedule. It seems so do-able; I'm very excited :) Now to find a running buddy...

*I also have some painting projects I've been putting off - no real reason. I actually like painting - I find it quite therapeutic. So, I have added to my to-do lists for the next couple days some of these projects. Tomorrow, I will paint the baseboards in the master bedroom; Friday, I'll paint the door leading from the garage to the house; and Saturday, I think I'll tackle the inside of the front door. The outside was just painted a couple weeks ago and it has made the inside of the door look even more grody!

No comments: