Monday, September 3, 2007

Been MIA (or maybe AWOL!)

No I have not given up and quit running... I'm still going with that and still having a great time! :) I've just been really busy lately! I was in a class in August that pretty much ate my soul - 4 huge assignments due in one week along with other assignments during the rest of the month... ugh! Dang work horse instructors! Plus, I went back to work at the end of the month after my lovely summer off. Once that slows down a bit, I'll get back into the blogging!
My current goal is to make it up to 4 miles without stopping and then sign up to run a 5K sometime this fall (after it cools off a bit!)
Unfortunately I just had my wisdom teeth out on Friday and while it didn't bother me at all (yeay - no pain!), my dentist told me no running and no kung fu until it heals... boo! I generally heal very quickly so I'm planning to go out for a run on Wednesday after work (I think I would have been OK to go out today but thought it was best to wait until after my dentist appointment tomorrow - I can check with the doctor).
I'll check back in on Wednesday about my run that day.

Oh, on another workout note, I finally have a test date set for my tai chi purple fringe! woo hoo! October 1st is the day - can't wait :) I was sort of hoping to have it sooner but when I think about it, I really do need the next couple weeks to really polish my stuff! Will be really nice to learn some new stuff..!

No comments: