Monday, September 17, 2007

Running update

So, I decided to not cheat so much (ie: not just run on the treadmill at the gym!) and have started running outside in my neighborhood a little more. It's pretty much all hills (even the little wimpy hills are tough for me at the moment!) so I haven't been going very far - just working on adding a little more time each time I go out. We did drive the route I've been doing and figured out I've been going at least a mile (probably closer to 1.25 or 1.5) each time. So far I've done this twice. I'm planning on going to the gym today for a longer run (at least 3 miles) and doing the same on Wednesday. Then on Friday, I'm planning on going out in the neighborhood to do a "real" run... lol :) I really should go to the high school track and run - that way I get the "running outside" (and not being propelled!) experience without the hills...

Oh! I was hunting for 5K's in San Diego the other day and I found one in October (October 20) at the college I went to! Yeay! :) The race description said it was pretty flat so it should be easy enough for a beginner like me! I'll have to see if I can con someone into getting up at the crack of dawn to be in San Marcos at 7:30 that morning with me... that will be the hard part!

No comments: