Friday, June 15, 2007

About Us


Hubby and I are really just two very different, but very happy, people - good thing opposites attract! I'm a Mac, he's a PC; he's republican, I lean more to the left (if I was a US citizen, I'd register Green); he's a software engineer, I am completely tech-illiterate! We're like Dharma and Greg, except his parents aren't anything like Greg's! Thank God!

We met in 1999 (forget when exactly - bad wife, I know!) not long after I graduated college. I'm not really sure why he liked me in the beginning - I was such a punk party-girl back then! Plus, he's ten years older than me... I guess I keep him young ;) lol I immediately went back to school that fall to get my teaching credential and the fact that he stuck with me through all my student teaching drama was a huge sign that this man was in it for the long haul! We dated for quite a long time before we got engaged on Christmas Eve 2003 (complete surprise - he did a great job!). We tied the knot on April 9, 2005 and went on our honeymoon to Jamaica for a week. I'd love to go back. Two years later, we are both back in school - he's getting a BS in Computer Science and I'm working on my MA in Teaching with an emphasis in Educational Technology (figure I need to learn some computer stuff! lol) Busy bees! We don't plan on having kids but we do have a new nephew who was born on April 12, 2007. :) We'll get a dog at some point (ie: once hubby says I can get one!)

We closed on our first house in late February 2005 (I do not recommend buying a house 5 weeks before your wedding!) and moved in the last weekend of February. It's a great place - big, quiet neighborhood (albeit a bit snobby! lol), close to everything, has a nice little yard in the back, etc... we have done a ton of work on the house since we moved in and, as you can see from my summer projects list, we still have a lot to do! Photos coming soon!

No comments: