Thursday, June 28, 2007

Venting about destroyed shrub

grrr...
OK, so I'll start with the positive - the HOA's sent over some painters to do the front doors (that was a week ago) and the trim on each condo or town-house in the complex. They were here at our house on Monday. Well, around lunch time I'm in the kitchen and I hear this sound like a ladder scraping along the stucco and then a huge crash (ie: ladder falling on the pavement)... I thought "Oh my God!" and dashed downstairs to be nosy and make sure nobody was hurt. Couldn't see anything or anyone and I didn't hear any screams or ambulance sirens so it must have been OK.

Well, about an hour and a half or two hours later I went out to go get the mail - a fairly large section of the bush/shrub thing which lines the walkway up to my front door is completely squashed! It can only have happened from the falling ladder. Those painting people knew I was home - I helped them earlier in the day when they were trying to place a ladder against our balcony/I moved the patio furniture for them... why would you destroy someone's shrub and then not say anything?! grrr... it's like those punks in parking lots who ding your car with a cart and just leave the cart there/no note! I could never do that....

Hubby told me I'd better email the HOA people and send a bunch of photos. Did that, they told me the landscapers would look at it and, if necessary, bill the painting company (it's on "common property" so we won't have to pay to have it fixed). I honestly don't care that it looks awful or whatever, it's just the whole not saying anything part that got to me! Oh well...

Hubby usually parks his truck in the open space next to the shrub on the left (you can see it in some photos - this shrub was un-damaged)... he said "so, if my truck had been there, would it be damaged, too?" like I'm supposed to know exactly the angle the ladder fell at! He did bring up a good point, though - what if it had fallen and hit someone's car?

Just in case you are wondering, here are the photos I took. I did try to "fix" it, but there are lots of broken branches so there wasn't much I could do. Oh, it looks worse in person, by the way! :(







No comments: